Blazing the Freelance Trail
Professional Practices for Creative Entrepreneurs
From the very first step down the freelance path, you’ve already made a few key choices about which trail to follow. But without a map you might not end up where you intended.
Blazing the Freelance Trail is the guide for creative professionals. And if you’re already lost in the creative startup woods, it can lead you back to the trailhead and point you back in the right direction.
- Figure out how to charge what you’re worth.
- Develop effective time management strategies that won’t kill your creative flow.
- Understand the relationship between sales and marketing and how to optimize both.
- Decide when to hire and how to do it.
- Expand your perspective on creative motivation and the meaning of your work.
- Get the tools you need to effectively market.
- Get a handle on your finances including setting your rates, tracking cash flow, and calculating profits.
- Understand the business side of making money with art so you can worry less and create more.